Thursday 19 December 2013

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream Review

Hi everyone! Today's review is on Mizon's Snail Recovery Gel Cream. Mizon is a lesser-known Korean brand, but these days it's getting more attention for its snail line, consisting of a mist, gel, cream, ampoule, eye cream, sleeping pack, and BB cream. I've only tried the gel and the BB cream, but i'm looking forward to trying the rest of the line (and other Mizon products) in the future! If you didn't know, concept behind snail mucus is that it heals the snail quickly if it gets a cut or any kind of injury on its skin, and it's supposed to do the same on human skin. You may think it's gross to rub snail mucus on your face, but it's been filtered and sanitized and it is a lot healthier than all the chemicals in most products.


Something really nice about Mizon is that they have an authentication sticker on the top of their boxes. With the black market cosmetic industry on the rise, there's no such thing as being too safe. There is only 45mL of product in this tube, and I go through it pretty fast since I love using it. However, it is really cheap. This is a repurchase (which I bought at a much higher price than I should have because of where I bought it) but my first tube was only $6.10CAD from Sasa. On Mizon's official site, it's listed for 9,000KRW (marked down from the original 19,000KRW) if you're unfamiliar with Korean currency, it's roughly $9CAD marked down from $19CAD, so your best bet is to buy from Sasa imo.
Something really impressive about this product is that its key ingredient (snail secretion) is actually at the top of the ingredients list, meaning it's the highest in concentration. Damn impressive! I know on the front it says it contains 74%, however I've seen other products that say they contain 50%+ but snail secretion is near the bottom of the ingredients list, so seeing it at the top of the list confirms the 74% claim. This is the first time I've ever seen a product that has its key ingredient as the very first thing listed (to be fair, some things work better in lower concentration such as tea tree or vitamin E oil, but I'm still impressed!)
There are also loads of other nice ingredients located further down the list such as hyaluronic acid, camellia sinensis extract (the plant which many teas are made from such as green, white, black, oolong, etc.), centella extract which is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, lotus extract, Japanese white birch extract, and more.


The packaging is just a simple tube, nothing really special. Pale pink with maroon typing. The snail on the front is pretty cute I think though.

The end is just a small hole which you have to squeeze product out of. I know some people don't like this, but for this product it works because the gel isn't runny at all so you don't have to worry about product leaking out or anything. Even if you stand it up on the cap, it still doesn't get messy since the cap is pretty tightly fit to the tip of the tube. It's easy to dispense as much product as you want from it, be it a tiny little drop or a huge blob.
This is about how much I usually use. It's pretty much just a translucent gel that has a tiny grey tint to it, which is hardly noticeable and disappears as soon as you rub it in.



 The bottom picture is after I rubbed it in and let it absorb for maybe 5-10 seconds? It absorbs really fast without leaving any dewy finish, but also doesn't mattify. It just looks like nothing's there.

As for the actual effectiveness of the product, from my experiences it is soooo amazing! The reason why I love this product so much is probably because of the snail mucus and not necessarily the product itself, but I still recommend it because it has the highest concentration out of all of the snail products I've seen on the market (besides the cream from the same brand.) My skin gets so much better when I use this. I noticed that my breakouts heal a lot faster, my skin looks a lot plumper and less tired, and the biggest change I've been noticing lately is that my acne scars are fading really fast. Honestly, no matter what skin type or skin concern you have, I think everyone could benefit from using snail secretion in their skincare routine (unless you're allergic to snails.) The way I use this is like a serum, after cleansing and toning but before moisturizer. While this does add a little bit of moisture to my skin, I would not recommend it as a moisturizer because it does not offer enough hydration. Even the oiliest of skins would need more moisture than this. I love this product so so so much and will probably always use it. (Okay maybe not, I want to try Mizon's cream which has a snail mucus concentration of 92%. But anyways i'll always have either this or that.) This is the only product of any kind that I would actually call "Holy Gail." I super recommend it and at ~$6 there's really nothing to lose!

I usually don't like doing rave reviews because I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high in case they don't like it. Keep in mind everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to stuff than another person might. But give this a try if you want to and I really hope you see results as good as I have!

I hope you enjoyed my review, have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment